The Benefits Of Floating
The research on floating and meditative states shows profound results for well-being and our health.
As with exercise, it gets better and easier with consistency over time. Simply put, the more you float the deeper states of mind you will experience and the more profound qualities will be developed.
The latest floatation therapy research shows that during floatation, the amygdala basically shuts off, ‘turning down’ anxiety in the brain. The more you float, the better you get at achieving this state. The Floatworks delivers the deepest of meditative states to those who are not experts in meditation so that everyone can enjoy the benefits.
Simply put, floating calms our overly stimulated systems and restores the body’s chemical and metabolic balance.
- Improves sleep
- Promotes total calm and peaceful relaxation
- Eliminates fatigue and jet lag
- Alleviates stress (mental and physical)
- Energises, rejuvenates and revitalises
- Increases motivation, diminishes depression, anxiety and fear
- Facilitates freedom from habits, phobias and addictions
Mental benefits of floatation
- Stimulates left/right brain synchronisation
- Shifts brain waves from beta to lower frequency alpha, theta and even delta
- Creates mental clarity, alertness
- Increases creativity, problem solving
- Heightens visualisation
- Deepens meditation
- Expands awareness, intensifies acuteness of all the senses, accelerates learning
- Enhances hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis
Physical benefits of floatation
- Decreases the production of cortisol, ACTH, lactic acid and adrenaline
- Increases production of endorphins
- Speeds up rehabilitation and recovery
- Relieves pain (arthritis, migraines, injuries and so on)
- Boosts immune function
- Improves circulation and distribution of oxygen and nutrients
- Reduces blood pressure, pulse, heart rate and oxygen consumption
- Improves athletic performance
- Helps prevent sports injuries, speeds healing process